1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inappropriate Work Conversations

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rmanfredi, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Give the guy a break. He was probably drunk and not thinking straight.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Hey, IJAG, would you take my checkered flag?"

[​IMG]

3. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I would prefer this conversation be less about my boss and more about the time someone was telling their friend in the lunchroom about the case of crabs that they have.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's not lunchroom conversation. I usually save that for the guy at the next urinal.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You don't have to tell him. He can see.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

The last two offices I have worked in have had exactly zero places you can go to make a private phone call (business or personal). Currently, my little desk area -- it's not even a cubicle; there are no barriers -- doesn't even have its own phone. I share with the guy next to me.

Everything you do is easily overheard by colleagues.

At my previous stop, there's one guy whose life (including the health of his ailing mother, which he had to deal on a regular basis) I could have I can tell you more about one guy in particular's life whose life I could have documented.

In crowded office spaces, there's only so much you can do.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The guy I replaced at a previous gig turned in his resignation because he walked past the ME's desk one night and saw a termination letter on the monitor that was written by the ME for him.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

One of the great things about cell phones is that these kinds of converstations can be taken outside or out of the earshot of others.

The only time I make a personal call from my work phone is if my cell battery dies.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If you're lucky enough to have a door, use it.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We have a person in our newsroom who announces, LOUDLY, every time they are going to pee.

Very nice, bitch. The world doesn't need up-to-the-minute updates on the status of your plumbing.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Trust me -- you don't want updates on this plumbing.

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The checkout lady at the mini market I get my daily Pepsi stood there complaining to me about her UTI one day.

Like I really wanted to hear that.

Draft saved Draft deleted