1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inappropriate even for a blog?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bristol Whipped, Jul 10, 2009.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

zzzzzz

2. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Has no place on a reputable newspaper's website, even on a supposedly lighthearted blog. Not sure how the writer would defend it if asked by an editor, especially a female editor. It's inappropriate, whether intentional or not. I'm surprised that it's still up, honestly.

3. Faithless

Faithless Member

You think the blog could get away with saying Andrews received a tribute to her face?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Tasteless.
    Unnecessary.
    Needs to be changed. Now.

But they're probably enjoying all the buzz surrounding it, so an edit isn't likely.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Aw ... y'all need to do screen captures of stuff like that. It's apparently been changed to a more benign Sportscaster Erin Andrews hit in face with ball.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Read a certain way, that's actually worse than the original.

7. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Must have changed it today. I'd say I'm surprised it took a day and a half, but I also now how well the higher-ups take their weekends off. If writers jumped off their beats on Saturday and Sunday the way the M-F (um, that's monday-friday) editors do, we wouldn't have a Monday paper ...

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep, the sniggering-fratboy "guy radio" crowd.

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Eh ... could have been worse ... Ball slaps Andrews on the chin?

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

It's in very poor taste. I would have never even thought about using it.

Draft saved Draft deleted