1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Treatment on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bagelchick, Feb 14, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I like it so far, but I wonder how long they can sustain some of those story lines, contained in that room.

Predictions:

I forget the names of the married couple, but I'm hoping for a murder-suicide there.

Laura finally gets Paul, then dumps him after he tells his wife. Alex is gay.

Sophie tells her coach that Paul raped her.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jane Alexander deserves to be loved!!! :D

That show was interesting. I only saw a few episodes...the first time in a hotel room where my wife had it on mute as she surfed the Net right before we went out to dinner. I look over and there's two people humping like fucking crazy, and I see some guy's twig and berries as he's being ridden. It was like driving by a car wreck and letting my gaze linger a second too long.

I saw a couple more episodes...really loved the sparseness of the soundtrack and the sets and how it juxtaposed with the rawness of the sex scenes. It moved pretty slowly but I'd like to watch the whole thing from start to finish On Demand or on DVD.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Great one tonight, Paul and Gina.

Anyone?

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'm having a hard time buying into the Paul loves Laura thing. I'm not feeling it. And the Jake/Amy sessions are just not that interesting. By far the most interesting is Sophie although the Paul/Gina previews for next week look interesting.

5. Johnny Dangerously

I don't think Paul is either. If we've learned anything from his sessions with Gina, it's that he isn't completely honest with her. It's easy to figure he's not honest with himself either. Given the circumstances of his world, he's got a lot of stuff going on, and while he may say he loves Laura, he clearly does not. That doesn't make her any less desirable a fixation for him -- for a lot of reasons. Top on the list? She's showing what comes across to him as intense desire for him. For someone who's not getting a lot of positive reinforcement in a time of major crisis, that's enough right there to fool yourself into thinking you're in love -- or at least to try to fool your therapist.

I agree the Gina stuff for next week looks compelling. Her bullshit detector is finely tuned.

6. Johnny Dangerously

I can't believe this series isn't generating more conversation, especially after this week's session with Alex.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I just watched the rest of the week, through Paul's Friday session. Every episode is stunning.

But I don't get the schedule format....are people supposed to watch this five nights a week? Seems like a lot to ask...

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

the young actress who plays "sophie" is amazing. 8) 8) 8)

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. Best thing about this show is the cast.

I am, however, completely bored with the couple.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I haven't watched Tuesday or tonight's episodes yet...I'm falling behind quickly....I've heard some scuttlebutt on the net so I'm anxious to see Tuesday with Alex.

11. Johnny Dangerously

The past few episodes have been pretty dramatic. I'm still hooked, and still watching daily.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Melanie Mayron directed tonight's episode (Sophie). Pretty powerful stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted