1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In need of a fun place to go

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by grrlhack, Jun 29, 2006.

1. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Alright...I'm looking for suggestions for a place to go during my vacation. My first set of plans fell through and I can't decide what I want to do. I'd like to go to the beach (I'm just 3 hours away) but it will be packed this weekend. I don't mind flying somewhere, but I don't think I want a cross-country flight. So, any suggestions on a two-day agenda, leaving out of Atlanta, Ga.?
    Thanks!!!! :) ;D 8)

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're only 15 minutes from Tahoe.

Seriously, I've never been that far south, but Virginia is gorgeous; so if you can make it that far north, take the Colonial tour.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Chicago. Fabulous shopping and good dining. Even better if the Cubs are in town.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Rafting in West Virginia

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Forget my suggestion, I second Cadet's. Chicago's my kind of town, and I'll be there in two weeks.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Key West--cheap rates this time of year
    Montreal--not a holiday up there
    Drive up Blue Ridge Parkway

Also, sometimes you can get a cruise booking late for pretty cheap--they really hate leaving with empty staterooms.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

New Hampshire. We can canoe down the Connecticut River and then climb the Quechee Gorge.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I second this -- if you like outdoorsy stuff. West Virginia has some of the best whitewater rafting in the country. I want to say the New River Gorge is where I used to go in high school, and it was fantastic. (I could be wrong on the river's name).

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Or you could go to Chattanooga. Supposed to be nice rafting thereabouts, too.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Maine is wonderful this time of year because it cools off a lot at night. The flights out of Atlanta aren't too expensive, nor is the flight that long.

Chattanooga is a highly underrated city.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Otis, my man!

Draft saved Draft deleted