1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out Burger's 30-Year-Old Billionaire Owner

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Most regions have a pretty good local chain. The one where I live is highly mediocre and overrated.

While I would kill for an In N Out Burger near me, I would settle for Good Times or even a Checkers, not that either is on the same level as In N Out.

2. Does Checkers still exist?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

4. Mizzougrad96

I had one in November when I had to travel for work.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

There's a Checkers about a half-mile from my office. Been there two years now, just noticed the other day. I'm sure there's a Five Guys somewhere close, too.

6. Mizzougrad96

I haven't been to Five Guys in ages. We do have a few of those here... I just remember it being pricey for fast food...

7. Mizzougrad96

You could feed your family at Checkers for the cost of one meal at Five Guys.

8. JackReacher

For the 98587467467th time, you're wrong.

One meal at Five Guys: $10. And you'll also be throwing away enough fries to feed a second person.

9. Mizzougrad96

OK, I'm guilty of hyperbole (again), but the last time I went to Five Guys, I think the bill for two of us was close to $20. Burger, fries, soda for each of us... That's a lot for fast food.

10. JackReacher

I don't even know, what does a burger combo meal cost at McDonalds these days? Like $8?

Personally, I'd rather spend an extra $2 and get a better meal at Five Guys.

11. Mizzougrad96

If I go to McDonald's I'm usually full and happy for less than $4 if I stick to the dollar menu.

McDonald's usually has some kind of meal deal for $3.99. I'd rather go to Five Guys too, but given the price, I'm sure it's fair to compare it to fast food places.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We have an In-N-Out and a Five Guys within a mile of each other.

In-N-Out kicks Five Guys' ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted