1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-N-Out burger chain expands ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Feb 14, 2008.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

There's not much that's better than a Tillamook cheeseburger and a boysenberry (or whatever's in season) shake.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

roger on the TC, but i'm also a huge fan of the regular old cheeseburger. you know, the bad boys that used to be like .59.

BV's fish and chips also are spectacular for a fast food place.

3. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

The thing that makes Fuddruckers better than other places is the condiment bars. There was a Fuddruckers in Northridge that had five islands of condiments, anything you wanted to put on a hamburger. A dozen different types of pickles, six mustards, red onions, brown onions, white onions. I haven't seen a condiment bar like that at the other Fuddruckers. But the one in Burbank bakes it own bread on the premises. Another benefit to Fuddruckers.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

New article from OC Register ... East Coast-based Five Guys is opening a store in Carson (in Los Angeles), one in Cerritos and will be opening one in Orange County later this year.

http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/2008/05/28/five-guys-the-in-n-out-of-the-east-coast-enters-socal/

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I went to In-N-Out for the first time two years ago in the Oc with my cousin and her kids (based on the junk in her van they are regulars) and it was outstanding. Very busy and a longer wait than I'm used to for a fast-food joint but well worth it.

JR's right about the drive-through thing at Tims. The one near me is in the mall parking lot and the drive-through lineup - especially in the winter - is crazy. I can be in and out in no time while people idle and waste five bucks worth of gas.

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Father's Office just opened a new location in the Helms Bakery building in Culver City. Equal beer selections and food as the original Santa Monica location on Montana Ave. near 11th St.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Thanks for this, SCD. This is very good news, indeed.

Wonder if you'll have to poach for a table there as well -- or if someone will actually, you know, seat you.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Just heard about it the other day. I don't live in Culver City anymore and haven't been there. The person who told me was more concerned with hyping the beer than the seating arrangements.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

The beer goes without saying. Incredible selection of awesome brews from around the world.

I'd just like to, you know, sit down when I drink it and eat my best-in-the-world burger. I'm kinda funny that way. :D

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Just had a pretty damn good burger, but I don't think this ma-and-pa deepinthehearta the Carolina foothills won't be expanding any time soon. Gotta love Southern all the ways (mustard, onion, chili, slaw) with sweet tea.

Draft saved Draft deleted