1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-law season!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 10, 2007.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

"SERPENTINE!!!!"

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Last time I was at my girlfriends parents house did not end well. It doesn't help that I'm English and they're rednecks.

Her dad uttered the 'N' word. I fumed silently, and got into it seriously with the gf on the way home. I'm not sure I ever want to go back.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry, folks, my late in-laws, bless them, were wonderful. helpful in every way and there to lend a hand whenever asked. my wife's mom passed two years ago and her dad in january.

my wife adores my folks and vice-versa. they can get on our nerves during visits longer than six hours, though. fortunately, it's no problem shoving 'em out the door at a reasonable hour on thanksgiving and the day we gather to celebrate chanukah. thank goodness dad has to leave in time to find a cherished parking spot in the ol' neighborhood. they live in an apartment building in brooklyn. 8) ::) ::) 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted