1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In appreciation of WolvEagle

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jan 30, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

@WolvEagle, a threadjack of a threadjack on another thread brought us to a post you made eight years ago about your wife's passing.... and not one of us commented about it. No condolences, no checking to see how you were doing, nothing. A bunch of us feel like douchenozzles for it. In hindsight, it looks very, very insensitive.

I sincerely hope you are doing well.

Iron_chet and QYFW like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

@WolvEagle, yeah, we suck.

This place actually provided me with a lot of support at a time when I needed it. I'm sorry it wasn't able to do the same for you.

I hope you're doing well, and consider posting more often.

poindexter likes this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Co-signing. Hope you're doing okay, buddy.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I got a PM from a fairly prominent poster, looking for the original post that was referenced in Poin's post.

I imagine others might be looking for it too.

Here it is, from this thread: Bell's Palsy--anyone ever have it?

Songbird likes this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It was particularly shitty of me not to offer condolences to WolvEagle on that thread, since it was a thread I started and since he took time out of his day to offer a cautionary tale that must have been extraordinarily painful to write. I hope you are OK, WolvEagle, and am very sorry for the loss you endured.

franticscribe and YankeeFan like this.
  6. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

YankeeFan brought this thread to my attention on another thread. Thank you for all the kind words. Here is what I wrote on the other thread:
    ----------
    YankeeFan - No, I wasn't aware of the thread. Truth be told, I don't spend nearly as much time around here as I used to - mainly just on this thread when the TAR seasons come around. I've been out of journalism for a few years now - went into government work.

Thank you all for the kind words. It'll be 10 years this fall, and I'm doing fine - so are my kids. They're adults now, and my granddaughter will be 1 later this month - time really marches on. The tough part will be trying to explain to my granddaughter when she's old enough what happened to grandma.

Here's an unusual twist - all this tied to a Bell's Palsy thread, and I had Bell's probably seven or eight years ago. The doc put me on some steroids and it went away, but man, the whole thing was really weird. Nothing like having to use a straw to even drink out of a water bottle.

Again, thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted