1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imus imitator fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Uh, what was said wasn't directed at anyone, college girls playing basketball included. The speaker was saying I'm a .....

So, am I to understand that the phrase 'nappy headed ho' is never, ever, ever to be used again?

Lighten up America.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You said "America has lost its sense of humor" because a guy was fired for using this phrase.

Simply put, you believe "nappy headed ho" is a phrase that is a) funny and b) one that should be used.

Now, maybe at some point in some crazy place, it could be used to describe someone. But if it is absolutely necessary for you to use this phrase because not using it would mean that America has no sense of humor, then I can only guess that your joke repertoire is rather limited.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I thought that you were supposed to check with Simon Cowbell before you started any more of these Imus threads.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What the fuck is matter with people today? How could anybody think that was a good idea? That DJ's too fucking stupid to be walking around in public unsupervised.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Humor, like beauty, is often in the eye of the beholder. What some may find funny, others will not. Did no one listening to that radio show find it amusing? I think some did. Obviously at least a few people did since they called up and used the phrase.

And please don't try and draw circuitous inferences to what I 'believe' from a few general statements--it's dangerous, and most likely, wrong.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

was he the guy on a "west wing" eposode whining that he was "gary in the morning" before imus was "imus in the morning?" or is my memory shot? ??? ???

7. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

If we're going to suspend Imus and fire this other guy, all for what? calling someone nappy and ho-ish?

Rev. Al, Jesse, everybody else all about this fight .... Snoop Dogg must be next.

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
    Lick on deez nutz and suck the dick

He said it, now we must bring him down. DEATH TO IMUS AND SNOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even if he doesn't deserved to be fired for the use of the phrase, he deserves it for being stupid.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Yet again, your sig is hidden as I read the last line, then I scroll and laugh uncontrolably.

10. Is Being A Nitwit part of the job description for morning drive radio hosts?

11. boots

boots New Member

yes.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

YOU'RE HIRED!

What? That's not what you were asking?

Draft saved Draft deleted