1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachable Offenses -- Part The XVII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 10, 2007.

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/09/AR2007070902065.html?hpid=topnews

I remember when it was news that the attorney general was caught lying to Congress...again...and that the FBI was spying on innocent Americans'
    Thim, as Mr. Dooley said, was the days.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't trust Alberto to represent me in traffic court. This guy's loyalty will ensure he'll never have to worry about a job though. Some GOP enabler will be happy to have him join a firm and pay him for all the things he let slide as AG.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Impeachable offenses for $200 Alex?

[​IMG]

4. OK, again.et's have the same kind of investigation into Alberto's lies -- and more important, the reason for them -- that we had into Ms. Lewinsky's activities.
    Works for me.
    Foof.

5. zagoshe

We won't because the Vast Right Wing conspiracy will prohibit it from ever happening, Foof.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I just wonder what part of your brain has to malfunction in order for you to see any sort of similarities between a blowjob and this.

Good luck getting it fixed.

7. zagoshe

Lying under oath?

8. Again, right now.
    Let's have a summer full of hearings on everything Alberto's done since he came ti Washington. Subpoenas. Everything. I'm in.

9. zagoshe

And if he's found to have done nothing wrong, what would your response be?

Oh that's right, that it was a cover up, that people took the bullet for him, etc., etc.

10. Bill Clinton was acquitted in the Senate.
    What was your response?
    See. It's fun to argue dumbly, but not very productive.
    Let's have the subpoenas and see.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

You don't think that's an awful big 'if', Zag?

12. zagoshe

Bill Clinton was shown some compassion by a group who realized if they went through with it the whole way, everything they had ever done behind closed doors would be subject to similar scrutiny. They let him off the hook because the political damage was done, as evidenced by the 2000 election.

But he himself admitted he lied, that's a fact not an opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted