1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeach The Faceshooter!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 6, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Elliott Abrams, Otto Reich, John Negroponte, John Poindexter and Robert Gates, for starters.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

As MAD magazine would put it:

"The usual gang of idiots."

3. Don't forget Ghorbanifar, who's now being positioned to be the Chalabi in their schemes for war with Iran.

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

If you could only see me
    And know exactly who I am
    You wouldn't want to be me
    Oh I can assure you of that
    I'm not the guy to run with
    Cause I'll throw you off the line
    I'll break you and destroy you
    Given time
    He's King Midas with a curse
    He's King Midas in reverse

---- CSNY

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Good point. I just think any case against Bush now would be too politicized. Having not been around for Watergate, I'd be curious as to the partisan leanings of that time.

6. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

[

If you could only see me
    And know exactly who I am
    You wouldn't want to be me
    Oh I can assure you of that
    I'm not the guy to run with
    Cause I'll throw you off the line
    I'll break you and destroy you
    Given time

---- CSNY

[/quote]

Not to be corrective, but 'twas the Hollies, not CSNY....but you had the Graham Nash part right...and the context, too

7. Because the news moved slower, and because almost nobody was on the story for nearly a year, Watergate built by degrees. There was some patrisan yelping, but some of the the R's on the Ervin committee were senators first, especially Howard Baker. The revelation of the WH tapes and then the Saturday Night Massacre, when two Republican DOJ officials refused to fire a Democratic special prosecutor and quit rather than do so, were the primary accelerants. The Judiciary Hearings into impeachment ended up on bipartisan votes -- Railsback, Flowers, and two or three other R's voted against the president. And, of course, it was three R members of congress who went to the WH after the smoking gun tape came out to tell Nixon the game was up.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Not to be corrective, but 'twas the Hollies, not CSNY....but you had the Graham Nash part right...and the context, too
    [/quote]

My bad.

God damn that song is PERFECTLY placed in 'The Limey'.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And the same defense for the Big Guy: "He's not really a bad guy; he's just so stupid he doesn't know what he's doing."

10. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

CSNY did a version of "King Midas," too, so everybody's right.

11. At the very least, it should be noted for the historical record that, according to the most recent polls, a greater percentage of the American people think George Bush should be impeached than thought the same of Bill Clinton while he was BEING impeached.

Draft saved Draft deleted