1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Immune deficiencies?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, May 26, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

OK, turns out my 14-month-old son has an immune defciency. We have a meeting with his doctor next Friday to map some stuff out and talk about this, but I'm sure some folks here have had to deal with this, whether it's you, you're brother or sister or a kid.

What can we expect? I mean, is my boy off to the emergency room with every sneeze, or is this, in the grand scheme of things, not a terrible thing?

2. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

KC,

There are numerous immune deficiency syndromes in children. Some are tough and some just an inconvenience. Come to your doctor's appointment with lots of time and plenty of questions.

http://www.kumc.edu/gec/support/immune.html

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It's been a wild ride for my son. Couple weeks ago, he had a 105-degree fever but no other symptoms. He eats like a pig when feeling fine but he feels bad every other week it seems, and then he won't eat much for a few days, so he doesn't gain weight

I hope it's not serious.

Draft saved Draft deleted