1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imagine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 29, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then you don't have an ounce of a sense of humor.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Quoted without comment.

3. vicd

vicd Active Member

If you read any of the interviews Lennon did in '80 I don't think you would come away with the impression that he was embarrassed by his former radicalism. He just didn't think it worked.
    And Yoko rules!

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't find it odd that a rich person in 1980 sort of liked a presidential candidate who was advocating that he could keep more of his money. And Lennon lived here for one reason, and one reason only: England took a helluva lot more of his income than the U.S.

5. vicd

vicd Active Member

No, Dennis Miller doesn't have a sense of humor.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think there are a lot more republicans in the entertainment industry than people are willing to admit. I think there are a lot of people who are worried about being black-balled as a result of their political views.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Best Weekend Update anchor ever.

Yes, that was a long time ago. I've seen Miller live three times in the last several years and he still kills.

8. vicd

vicd Active Member

vive la différence

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dylan's output during the '60's is incredible and it's easy to just listen to his early stuff and to write off the rest of his catalog, but if you're a fan, you'd be doing yourself a disservice.

Slow Train Coming, Saved, and Shot of Love are beautiful, complete albums.

If you want to pick out a song or two, I love Gotta Serve Somebody and Every Grain of Sand, but they really deserve to be listened to in their entirety.

Give 'em a real listen and let me know what you think.

10. vicd

vicd Active Member

Yes, that's why you never see Adam Sandler anymore.

11. vicd

vicd Active Member

Agree completely.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The problem with Dennis Miller's humor isn't that he's conservative, to a point, I think he always had a conservative bent even before his "conversion".

Its that he excludes conservative targets from his barbs, which is something he never used to do before his "conversion". Everyone was fair game in his heyday. I think that's why he's fallen off.

Draft saved Draft deleted