1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm The King I Don't Sit in Traffic Jams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Earthman, Aug 21, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And I can't get this out of my mind: All this to see the Chargers?

Inky_Wretch, Vombatus and Earthman like this.
  2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've been to Qualcomm quite a few times, and if that's the road I think it is, it leads directly to the front entrance, which leads to the media parking lot. So I don't think they would have any use for the turnoff to Friars Road that's right before the entrance.

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've never given two drops of rabbit shit about anything that Peter King has ever done.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A crowbar to the tail lights might send a message.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nah. Take the cap off of the tire's valve stem. Find a small pebble. Insert. Screw back on.

They'll never park in your loading dock again.

Songbird likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Duly noted. For a friend.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

From today's MMQB:
    r. My apologies to those offended (and you should have been) by my tweeting the photo the other night of our car in the bicycle lane for a few hundred feet near Qualcomm Stadium, hustling to get there in time for an interview. Dumb by me for sure, and Iā€™m sorry for the post.

Interesting -- no apology for actually being in the bike lane. Just a sorry for the tweet and attempt to mitigate by saying that he was late for an interview.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He also wrote about being relegated to C group on Southwest.

Surprised he didn't find a disabled person's wheelchair to push during early boarding.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I once tried something similar. I was late to a concert and the traffic was virtiall stopped for a wreck on the interstate.

Some others went by on the breakdown lane, so I tried it to get off the next exit. The semi in front of me didn't like that. So he moved over and kept me from passing him or getting back in the lang the whole way.

I kinda deserved it.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I do that all the time. When lanes are merging too.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Is there a sports writer with less self-awareness than Peter King? It's amazing. Completely clueless at times. A lot of times, actually.

Draft saved Draft deleted