1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sorry, but what an idiot.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You've sat on here and bitched about the situation, but have no ideas about solutions. Hell, man, that makes you a Democrap. Screw whether you're in authority or not. Whether you have been accepted into one of those power positions or not, an opinion is free, and you can't even throw one of those out?

Typical.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Solutions? You want solutions?

Don't invade Iraq. That's been my solution.

Are you honestly saying that it is anyone's job other than the administration that launched a pre-emptive war of choice to figure out the best way out of it?

I grant you, patriotic Americans will offer numerous proposals. Those running for office better have a plan.

Why should anyone else have to offer solutions?

But, in the spirit of compromise, I'll offer my solution: Get rid of our president and vice president. That's my solution.

3. Well, it's a start.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Typical that I don't have the answers? As opposed to what answers you've provided? Oh, that's right, you haven't provided ANY answers. Just tripe. And Zeke had it right....don't invade in the first place. Problem solved.

Oh, you didn't listen to us when our answer was right? Then don't you dare complain when I can't come up with another answer. It's your turn, moron.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, the places they'll go!

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Like this prez, Madison accelerated a war he was not the least bit prepared to prosecute. He used embargo acts -- chickenshit stuff -- to rile up an enemy that had been repulsing Napoleon's massive forces for decades. He was as deluded about his opponent as this president was about his. As a war president Madison is a total failure, though I can understand how revisionism has cast him in a kinder light due to recent world events. And Wilentz is absolutely correct.

7. I would dispute the first point. Madison saw the war coming from Congress, where wars were supposed to come from and, according to the conception of the presidency he devised, he signed off on it. This president believes he has the absolute right as "COMMANDER IN CHIEF" to unlimited powers in that regard. Madison would have laughed at him.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

In other words, you don't like leadership. How telling.

In a poll of 100 murderers, 100% said they would like murder to be decriminalized. If a Dem gets elected in 2008, tell hiim to get right on that.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Good analogy. Once again, you're able to make your point without any generalizations or sweeping accusations.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, he could have said they are still analyzing James K. Polk or Zachary Taylor. Instead he went straight to the top.

The subtext is:

"Sure, 72 percent of the people in the United States think my presidency is a bust and my plans for waging war in Iraq were and are a complete joke, but not everyone thinks George Washington was perfect either.

"Therefore, for all history knows, I'm as good a president as George Washington. Now onward to Iran!"

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It's not exactly like many people out there would remember James K. Polk, and I doubt there's that many historical works in progress on him.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'll break through your dim-witted evasiveness one of these days if it kills me, Yanni.

Draft saved Draft deleted