1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm so disappointed, I'll start one (war thread, where have they gone?)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, May 5, 2008.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Of course, Germany had attacked France, Britain, Russia, Poland, Chzechoslovakia, and Holland. And we did enter war against them in accordance with international law and in response to the pleas of the international community and all of our ally nations. And Germany had entered into an alliance with the nation that did attack us. And, oh yeah, one other minor detail: Germany had declared war on us first before we ever attacked them.

Iraq attacked nobody before this war. They had no credible connection to the folks who did attack us. We unilaterally declared war on them without any provocation, in defiance of the UN, and in violation of international law.

Other than that, you're right, it's precisely the same situation.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I could hop on a boat, drive a couple miles offshore and scuba dive to a sunken U-Boat. There are at least three U-Boat wrecks in the waters off New England.

Haven't read anything about Iraqi tanks in the area.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

B'rick Obummer ... I love it when Yawn's creative/humorous side comes out.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

I've been waiting patiently for that.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So when is the tough going to get going? What parade is going to get terrorized?

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Obama's inaugural parade?

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

We're talking about a deterrent objective regarding the spread of Communism. When Communism basically became irrelevant (hardly smart since the world's most populous nation still is and Putin is reverting back to his KGB mind-set), America used that Truman thinking to represent all that might fuck up the world. From Communism to oil-tycoon terrorist nations and economic stability.

Draft saved Draft deleted