1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm pissed about the soccer loss, and this is a rant.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Anyone else really pissed off now. I had to look away several times during that bloodbath. I'm ready to start throwing shit.

It's not just the loss, or the ass-whopping. But without question, it was the most thorough domination of any team in the cup. It looks bad. Right now, we're a laughingstock aroundt he world. Again. It's not fun.

Nobody in south america or europe or asia cares what we do in baseball/hoops/nfl ... it's all about soccer. And right now, we blow.

Can we beat Italy? I sure as hell hope so.

What the Fuck do you say if you're Arena? We were slower, smaller, and weaker. We had a piss-poor attack. Angloa looked better than we did. So did the Ivory Fucking coast. Landon Donovan, uh, what the fuck?

How many days till Italy? Five? If Arena is the godsend to US soccer that all the papers were making him out to be, he'll find a way to beat Italy.

2. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

First of all, why did I wake up early to watch that? Now I'm cranky both because I woke up early and because I woke up early for no reason.

I seemed more excited about the game than they did...and I wasn't that excited.

They had four years to get up for this game. WTF???

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/27839/

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Watching this team the past couple years, I was stuck by the lack of skills/athleticism of the team. Nobody, save maybe a Donovan, that makes you go "wow".

This isn't an "I told you so" b/c I figured that it was just me, and that Arena knows what he's doing.

I haven't watched the game yet, but it disheartens me that the same old people are playing on the team. Names that haven't ever particularly impressed me in the first place.

I'll hope for a complete miracle against Italy. Otherwise, this is 1998/1990 all over again.

Every 8 years, like clockwork, we go back to stage 1.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

A_F, it's a fucking game...a game....a game!

Get a fucking grip.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

There's a "running, all-purpose" World Cup thread already. Feel free to post on it and kill this one.

7. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Why's everyone so upset? We only lost by a field goal.

8. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Surprisingly, i dont give a fuck if there is an all-purpose soccer thread.

Part of me wonders: Are the Czechs THAT good? I mean, shit, these guys were the bigges team i've seen in the tournament so far. It really looked like men against boys out there. I dont care for the world rankings, so the 2nd doesn't mean shit. Obviously, neither does 5th.

maybe it was just a bad draw.
    maybe it was the worst possible first round opponent anyone could get.
    maybe the early goal crushed the spirits of the us, and shit snowballed from there for a variety of reasons (sure didn't fuck angola in the ass; or ivory coast, either. and that's what really troubles me).

im just trying to be positive. you know the stages of denial.

arena needs to really flush this one out of their systems and focus on italy. having watched that massacre, i can't imagine italy is that good.

bruce arena, i'd like to hear your excuses.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In all fairness, it was No. 2 in the world against No. 5. They don't call this the Group of Death for nothing.

Czech back on Saturday against the Italians.

And please Czech the other thread, too.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Actually, I kind of like the idea of a thread for casual fans (like myself) who can gripe and complain without incurring the wrath of the hard-core types.

11. poindexter

The #5 is horseshit, at least to the people who run the WC.

If we were #5, we would have gotten one of the top 8 seeds, right?

12. poindexter

You can have 100 page threads where they do nothing but talk about how they are going to have a beer, and say "goodnight, Johnboy" for 99 pages.

This is fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted