1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Peter King and, as usual, you're not

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, May 27, 2008.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I know he's a Sox fan, but please. From MMQB:

We went to Yankee Stadium, the old one, for probably the last time Friday with our good friends the Normans, thanks to the generosity of SI's athletic events guru, Christine Rosa, who got us nice seats a few rows behind the Mariners dugout. (Good thing they were free, and thanks to my beloved SI. I'm not shelling out my own $250 a seat to watch the Pinstripes.) Beautiful night, and nice to be in the old ballyard one more time. I'm not the type to get sentimental over stadiums, particularly one with memories of Aaron Boone in it, and so I won't miss it. Plus, the park rising next door looks gorgeous. Progress, most often, is good.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Boom has no idea why he just kicked the passenger door of his Hummer.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

When a person's favorite word is "free," a three-word response is necessary.

Run. Fast. Now.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I hope that Peter gets a 1099 for his $1000 worth of tickets. It does not sound like an entertainment expense .
    I am going to drop a note to both SI and the IRS to insure that Peter pays the proper tax.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Regarding the title of this thread, I think SJ has proven we can all be, with stunning precision, Peter King.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

The funny thing is I believe you'll actually do it. :D

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I gotta admit...I really don't get why he'd write that, explain how he got the tickets, who his friends are, etc.

8. Boom_70

If he is a good american he needs to claim the $1000 worth of tickets as income. I hope he did not expense his food and bar bill.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This could easily be edited to say: I gotta admit...I really don' get why he'd write that <fill in any of a few dozen other things he has included in that column over the years>.

10. Boom_70

NBA officials went to jail for not claiming money they received from selling first class plain tickets. Peter King could go to jail if he is not careful

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the sort of column that helps explain the disconnect between the media and our readers/consumers. Why does the public hate us? This is one example.

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted