1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'M LEGAL TODAY!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Feb 27, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

In Lexington I was never asked. My roommate always had me run and get him something because he was with me once when the idiots didn't card me.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I don't buy or drink alcohol. But to be the one usually carded at bars and crap with the rest of the night crew? Good grief ...

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm 35 and I get carded about every other week.

4. Oh, is that the new euphemism for being hit with a restraining order?

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Are they looking for your AARP card? ;)

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

If this is your 21st, why the hell are you sober enough to even start this thread?

Anyway, I hope it was better than mine. Not only is my birthday Jan. 2, right when everyone has drank the fill (except for the alchies), but I was sick with a vile flu bug, puking all day long, then I had to go over to Rutgers the next day and cover a basketball game. Since then, I've hated my birthday with a passion and lay out anyone that wishes me a happy birthday. Family included.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The question is: When was your first drunk?
    Mine was at age 10.

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Damn, man. Cradlerobber would be proud.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Ha, a restraining order would be an imprvement for my social life.

And Buck,
    I actually got drunk at a bar when I was 11. But I'm not telling the story on here.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

21st birthday = Amateur hour.

My dad got me pretty buzzed when I turned 16. But he also taught me how to drink. Not slamming them, but maintaining. As a result, I've puked beer one time in my life and it was because I caught a stomach bug.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

So 4X, around what time did you black-out? And are you still drunk as you read this?

12. XXXX

XXXX Member

hahahaha, well no, i didn't black out. i had a midterm today at college, but i did drink and my family and girlfriend made it a TERRIFIC birthday. the party will come this saturday as me, my girlfriend, and some of my friends are getting a limo to Atlantic City and partying and gambling all weekend!!! can't wait! if i don't die of alcohol poisoning i'll update all of u come tuesday (when i will have finally woken up!)

Draft saved Draft deleted