1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'M LEGAL TODAY!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That was what I had to do on my 21st birthday. It was a valuable learning experience.
    Lesson learned: Rumplemintz is disgusting.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I had a friend who did something along the lines of the Buck recipe for his 21st birthday. Quite honestly, I'm not sure how he lived.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't remember my 21st birthday, isn't that how it is supposed to be?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's not true, I just remembered it.
    I lived at home at the time and my parents are big time non-drinkers, but they were out of town. I started drinking at 11 a.m. and went to a Yankees-Mariners afternoon game at Safeco.
    Me and a buddy drink the entire way to the game, drink for a couple of innings and then decide to go to that gas station across the street that has a Taco Bell in it. While in there I decided it would be a good idea to buy two 24-oz beers, though I don't know where I will drink them.
    I went into the parking lot of said gas station and was carrying a broom with me - because the Yankees were attempting a sweep - and set it down in a parking space while I had a smoke. Suddenly a cop pulls into that spot and goes inside. So now my broom is covered, so I lay on the ground to get it out and the cop asks me what the hell I am doing. I told him it was my 21st and he said, "You are lucky I am a Yankees fan. Here have some of these." He proceeded to hand me a couple of blueberry muffins and made me eat them.
    The next thing I remember is standing in centerfield on the concourse and drinking out of a 24-oz can. My brother strolls over and asks how the hell I got that inside. I didn't have much recollection, but somehow I got past security and never got caught.
    Went home and with my parents coming home in the evening, I just went to bed at 5 p.m. and pretended I was sick and slept all night.
    The worst part of the entire day was the Yankees lost the game.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

fixed

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I was in my last semester of school. At about midnight, two of my friends storm my room holding a bottle of ...

Root beer.

Good for them. I wasn't drinking. Some things never change.

8. KYSportsWriter

My 21st was a day spent on the world of SportsJournalists.com, with SC promising to come to Kentucky and get me drunk that night (well, one of the board's ladies was...). Up until New Years Eve, I had never been drunk. I don't remember much of that night...

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hey smile! SC just throws shoes at the rest of us ...

*ducking inevitable Manolos* ... ;D

10. KYSportsWriter

That's true.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

I wasn't drinking when I turned 21, and I still don't remember the day, which just means nothing happened. I think I hung out at my brother's house and played NHL hockey. I do believe that was the year the Super Bowl got pushed back a week because I had been expecting for a few years to celebrate my 21st on Super Bowl Sunday. Oh well.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I worked a 14-hour day and then went out for a couple beers with some friends from work and my parents. My mom tried to make me drink water between beers and shots and I got pissy so she quit trying. The next morning, I wished I would have listened after I projectile puked ALL over my bathroom at my parents' house and had to clean it all up.

Draft saved Draft deleted