1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'M LEGAL TODAY!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Feb 27, 2007.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

no perverts, not that kind of legal.

I turn 21 today! ;D Just thought I would let y'all know. Everyone has been telling me their 21st birthday stories today, so I'd thought I'd give SportsJournalists.com that same oppurtunity. Hell, who doesn't like a good drunk story??

Hope this turns out good!

2. Somewhere, sportschick has no idea why she just started crying.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Teacher says, every time a bell rings a 20-year-old turns of age...

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Too bad craddlerobber doesn't bat for the other team.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I knew that was coming and it was still funny.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. I hesitate to tell this one, because it's a bummer on a fun thread. But I was in a hospital with my mom. She was less than a year from dying, and things were particularly bad during this hospital stay. At about 8 p.m., I was mentally exhausted and not thinking about my birthday, but one of my sisters turned to me and said, "You are 21! We need to get you a drink." I have two sisters. One is always up for a drink (but I barely knew her at the time. She's eight years older than me and moved away for good when I was 9. It was only after college, that I realized how cool she is, and now she's my best friend). The other never drinks. I was closer to her at the time. She's six years older than me and had gone to the same college I did. She was around more when I was that age.

She's also always carried a rigid, older person's mentality with her, even when she was younger, and we have opposite personalities, so I could never have imagined sitting in a seedy bar having a drink with her that night, or any night.

Yet, she was the one who took me for my first legal beer. I haven't sat and had a drink with her since that day. The thought of going to a bar or pub with her is comical. Hell, the thought of her having a drink is comical. It's why it makes that day so memorable, even if I was going just through the motions and it wasn't the fun night I would have wished for in retrospect.

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

XXXX: Barely Legal

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You have 30 minutes to consume 21 shots, alternating 11 shots of Wild Turkey with 10 shots of Rumplemintz.

9. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I did 24 shots, had three beers, vomited off my balcony profusely for about 20 minutes and still made it to my 9 a.m. class the next morning.

Saw a bunch of football players who I was acquainted with from covering the team out at the bars the night of my birthday -- one of whom I had several classes with that year, and who went on to win the Butkus Award that year. And when he walked into class the next morning and saw me sitting in there, he ran across the room and gave me a huge hug and announced to the whole class: "Holy fucking shit, you would not believe how wasted this guy was just eight hours ago!"

That may have been the best relationship-builder in my young career as a beat writer, and I got plenty of juicy scoops after that. :)

10. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Like this guy?

[​IMG]

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My friend tried that once, but she never finished. She made it through 14 or 15 shots before it all came back up.

But anyways, happy birthday 4X.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's 25 when I caught them off, dammit!

Draft saved Draft deleted