1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm just about to lose it....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, byd. Here's hoping things get better soon.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm 18 months into post-divorce life, after having been married for 20 years. Everybody's situation is different, but let me give you what I've learned to be some universal truths:

1/It gets better.
    2/Get a lawyer. Even if you don't have the money for it.
    3/Once all the emotional stuff and the heart-breaking stuff and the he-said-she-said gets out of the way, and it will faster than you've ever dreamed, everything from there is all about money. Protect what's yours.
    4/Go back to No. 1.

Hang in there, man, and PM me if you want to vent.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sorry BD, hope it gets better.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I wish you the best. You've had a run of bad luck and that sucks. You've been happy before, it will happen again. Have faith.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I've sent up some prayers for you, byde.

I can't offer any help or perspective regarding the marriage, but can tell you that money problems can get better. You have to be smart and thoughtful, and a bit fortunate, too, about it, though.

Realize that it may take a little time, too -- as in a couple of years, unfortunately. Be patient, especially with yourself. Know that what you're going through is, well, just life, and look for ways to see and know that it is still good, no matter what.

That's what I did, and I am, finally, after about three-four years, starting to come out the other side.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for what you're going through, bd. Go forward remembering what BWIP said here. Don't let the latest problem piggyback on other, separate problems. Treat each one separately, and they'll seem less insurmountable.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

bydesign, I know you and I don't see eye to eye on some major stuff, but look to see if your state has some kind of low cost legal services. When I was unemployed and I had no source of income, my state's Legal Aid Bureau was a lifesaver. Almost literally.

Draft saved Draft deleted