1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm interested in TBF's thoughts on this: Marine says he will not follow...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is black letter international law that unlawful orders need not be obeyed. Good luck proving "unlawful", buddy.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm guessing he doesn't peruse Gay Marine Facebook too often. Or maybe he does.

3. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Your profile looks good there, though.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised this was a slam dunk. Most of the times, we cannot even agree on what's the day of the week

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Haircut works wonders.

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

God damn right. Hippie.

7. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Pretty sure targeting American citizens for assassination would have to be considered unlawful.

Not saying this Marine was given such an order, but if he had been, I personally wouldn't have a problem if he refused to carry it out.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That one would go right to the top at the Hague. It is a good case. But of course, we send machines to kill Americans abroad, not people. OBL was an exception.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why is he doing this now?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Puffing out your chest and talking smack on Facebook isn't the same as actually, you know, being given an order and not following it, which isn't clear whether he's actually done.

If that's all it is, I don't know what article of the UCMJ has been broken. Three Bags is more of an authority on this.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There was a guy who actually did refuse to deploy. He ended up getting six months in Levenworth.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/birther-terry-lakin-faces-18-months-prison-disobeying/story?id=12395037

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

He should read up on Ehren Watada

Draft saved Draft deleted