1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Going To Kill Jim Halpert! Office 2/22 with spoilers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 22, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think the punch-line on the Jan-Michael relationship is that it's a role reversal; he, not she, wants to be part of a "couple" but she, not he, is only in it for the sex. Read: Michael is well-endowed. Regardless, it doesn't work for me.

The scene where Michael and Dwight show up hours early for the party was pretty funny. It goes over the top when Dwight starts his home inspection: "Let's start with the bannister."

Creed was funny as usual.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Will Jim be stealing a glance at the camera without his front teeth? ;)

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I don't think it has anything to do with Michael's, er, size. In fact, if he had a big one, he'd somehow make a point of it to tell everyone.

There was an episode in which Jan explained it - how her psychologist or pyschiatrist told her to follow her instincts no matter how wrong it was, or something like that.

Besides, she's coming off a divorce and Michael likely provides some easy confidence for her.

Beyond that, hey, it's just a TV show. :)

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I didn't think Dwight's inspection was a stretch; in fact, I think it supplied the best line of the night.

"Oh good, you're up."

5. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

After having watched it multiple times, they took great pains to provide a lot of rich detail for the Dwight angle. Him swinging off that banister in the background with Jim talking to Karen in the foreground was hilarious. And the scene toward the end, a quick one that's easy to miss, of him talking about termite damage but concluding, "Good cocktail party," tied it together nicely.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Damn American Idol for being on the same time as Office/Earl.

So I have to get these off iTunes then? :(

7. I thought The Office was available at NBC.com for free.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, why are some nbc shows available and others not? for example, i just watched last night's "earl" and "30 rock" eps, but can't get "the office." anyone know the deal?

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

The Office is always the leading seller on itunes.com so that's prob. why NBC isn't giving it up for free.

And skipping The Office for American Idol is just silly.

10. I thought it was free, though. My S.O. has watched the director's cuts on NBC.com several times.

11. Sly

Sly Active Member

You're right. They had a "director's cut" of an episode available a few weeks ago. But they don't make every episode available like they do some shows ... I'm pretty sure they only offer full shows when a show is struggling and they're trying to build an audience. ABC currently has all the eps. of Lost available.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sorry. AI is the first item on my Tivo, above anything related to my actual beat.

Draft saved Draft deleted