1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting married tomorrow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Congrats, Arnold. It'll be challenging, perplexing and worth every misstep that is made by both of you but, as others have said, just remember to the little things, like a compliment, holding hands even a quick SMS to simply say "It's you." helps keep the fires stoked.

2. I never understood the "Never go to bed angry at each other" mantra ...

When the hell am I supposed to sleep?

3. Born to Run

Born to Run Member

My advice: Take nightly or daily walks together. Sitting on the couch watching TV together counts as "quality" time only in moderation. Plus, your butts are less likely to expand in the first couple of years of marriage if you heed this advice.

4. Kind of hope you forgot the blue font W-B, but in case you didn't:

That's kind of the point -- if you make it a habit of not going to bed angry, working through the problem and resolving it, perhaps you'll reduce the number of nights you end up angry at bed time. Or angry at each other in the morning. Or angry at each other any other time.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

That, and going to bed angry does not make for a night of restful sleep.

6. I was cracking wise a bit, but still I don't think it's practical. I get so little sleep as it is. Plus, I don't really hold a grudge. 15 minutes later - I forgot what we were mad about.

Now if I had to stay awake every time my wife was mad about me over something, I'd, I'd ... I'd be dead. :D

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Alright, let me be the hundredth to say congratulations to you then. You get one vagina for the rest of your life. Real smart, Arnold. Way to work it through.

[​IMG]

True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...

In all seriousness, though, congratulations and best wishes.

8. It's "homes" as in "homeboy." Urban Dictionary says both versions are correct. Everyone wins.

Also, I'll put $50 down right now that says your marriage doesn't outlast mine. We might tie -- married til death, we say -- but you will not beat me.

Book it. Cash money, homey.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Good luck and congratulations. My advice is to listen well, work at it and never ever forget that the occasional fight isn't a bad thing as long as it isn't about anything major.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Hey, you two arguing about arguing, knock it off. Very rude to try to measure your dicks when someone is trying to share his happiness with us.

11. Born to Run

Born to Run Member

Cadet:
    You're completely and totally offbase. Arguing about arguing is an essential part of any marriage, even the message board variety.
    I would know: I have a great marriage, probably the best of anybody on SportsJournalists.com. In fact, I would bet Murcielago's money on it.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're probably married to Cadet, the way you two argue.

Draft saved Draft deleted