1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting married tomorrow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Congrats and best wishes for a happy life together.

Key to happiness: Laughter. Lots of it. Oh, and sex. Lots of it.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Hope you and the Mrs have a lifetime of happiness and great memories together.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

With your wife, ideally.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Congrats, Arnold. I'll give you the same advice my father-in-law gave me in advance of my wedding. Learn these two words: Yes, dear.

(But the previous suggestions of "I was wrong" and "I'm sorry" also will come in handy.)

Good luck Mr. and Dr. Mrs. Arnold Babar.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Damn, that takes all the fun out of it. :D

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Congratulations!
    As for that advice ...
    Take each day as a step on the road ... don't make plans too far in advance. Also, always find a way to take time to spend with your wife/husband. And be honest about money - seems that can be the root of evil in marriage.

8. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I'm not married.

Don't want to get married.

Anyone who would marry me is a Xanax addiction waiting to happen, whether she knows it or not.

But one thing I've learned in observing married colleagues: It's the quality of time, not the quantity.

I've known guys who work late nights, but will wake up at 7 a.m. just because that's the time their spouse wakes up. They could sleep until noon, but they're willing to drag their asses out of bed just so they can have breakfast with their wife or something. And it's almost always appreciated.

Also: I've been around too many writers who absorb the "let's bitch about the wife" pack mentality. Don't be that guy. It's lame.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Congratulations, Arnold. And don't go to a major league baseball game on your anniversary. Took me about three years to stop hearing about that.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's what I was attempting to say, but you did it better. If you don't get to see each other a lot because of work schedules, make sure the little time you do see each other is time well spent.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, it's just like when you post on SportsJournalists.com then. :)

it's too late for my advice, I think.....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Hey, I'd dig that! Shotty, next time take me!

Draft saved Draft deleted