1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm getting married tomorrow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Aug 17, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm 38, and this is my first. With this crazy schedule we all live, I sometimes marvel that I've found someone so phenomenal who actually wants to sign up for being a beat writer's wife.

Any advice from those of you who have done it well, or those who have done it poorly?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Good luck and congrats!

As a determined single, I have no advice, but I wish you and the future Mrs. Babar all the best.

3. AB, does you're impending marriage have anything to do with an escalating series of dares?

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Nope -- and isn't that Scottish cuisine that's based on dares? :)

And SC, it's actually the future Dr. Mrs. Babar -- I'm marrying way over my head!

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Way, way over your head. We girls never learn ;)

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Congrats, man! Having been divorced for more than 4 years the only advice I can give is this - don't ever take her for granted if you truly love her and don't let yourself be taken for granted if you want to be loved.

Good luck and all the best.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

At least you'll be financially secure ;) Congrats!

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Congrats to one of the good ones here!

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Just don't make like there's a screening of EM:HE at the altar and blubber all over her!

Kidding, as you know. I'm so happy for you, and may she never find out about the crackpots you converse with here.

10. If you go to Mexico for your honeymoon just be careful how you do your chicken imitation.

[​IMG]

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

We expect blow-by-blow updates from the altar!!!

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

advice: what made it work for tom petty? learning three simple words: I was wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted