1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm fascinated by Leslie Nielsen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

He had a turn on an early M*A*S*H that aired on Hallmark a few nights ago. He was the first of the line of "wreckless Army commanders Hawkeye tries to stop". Good stuff.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

He was also in "Men with Brooms", possibly the greatest curling movie featuring live beavers ever made.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I really have no idea why Leslie Nielsen comes to mind this day every 10 years.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Was recently rewatching "The Golden Girls" and realized he has played
    Dorothy's husband in the finale.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I realize this was posted ages ago, but because the thread was bumped back up... The commentaries for Naked Gun and Airplane are really interesting and funny. No Leslie, but the Zucker brothers and Abrams are on there. They mention that their biggest issue was that people would try to play the roles "funny" at first, thinking that they were helping, or trying to improv. Naked Gun and Airplane work especially well to me because (almost) everyone is playing it completely straight, except for like Stephen Stucker and Dick Vitale.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My dad told me he ran into Leslie Nielsen at a bar in Glendale in the 80s when he was out there on a business trip.

clintrichardson likes this.
  7. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Your dad ran into him?.Surely you can't be serious.....

Draft saved Draft deleted