1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Done With Starbucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 30, 2006.

1. SnoopCoog

SnoopCoog Member

I can't find a Starbuck's

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Starbucks channel on XM radio is very good. Hear Music #76

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's 75

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

a few things:
    for the folks who think starbucks coffee is expensive, regular coffee isn't that much more expensive. for the fun of it, i bought coffee at 7/11 today. it was $1.49 for a medium, and starbucks is $1.59 where i live.

as for jackie mason ... a buddy of mine does a dean martin act and opened for jackie mason in vegas for a stretch of jackie mason shows. my buddy has to share the dressing room with mason, and there's a cooler full of bottled water - like 100 of them. my buddy opens one and mason unleashes on him for not asking. my buddy points out there are like 100 bottles of water, and tries to reason with him, but mason is having none of it, and the two start arguing and finally mason starts swearing and kicks my buddy out of the dressing room. my buddy tells the story a whole lot better.

boom, i realize you just bought one of the single-cup makers with pods, but they do make the single-cup makers without pods that use filters like a regular-sized coffee maker.

i like caribou, too; good place, but not one in my neighborhood.

5. funky_mountain

the text doesn't do it justice, but denis leary's rant of trying to buy coffee-flavored coffee is good:
    continued

6. funky_mountain

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I'm not a big fan of Starbucks -- too acidy. I either drink the free swill in the office, or buy java at a gas station/McDonalds. Every now and then I splurge for a cup at the local chain.

8. Boom_70

Funky - the single cup maker that I have also has a filter that you can pack with your own ground coffee. Honestly though the pod is so easy to use I am not sure why you would go back to filter.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We went to the pho stand at the mall for dinner this evening, and stopped by the coffee shop at Border's on the way out.
    Their coffee is bitter.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Borders does Seattle's Best now and I wasn't terribly impressed with it. Books-a-Million, in addition to being the K-Mart of big box bookstores, has coffee drinks with way too much sugar for even me, and I've spooned sugar into caramel before. But they do good rice crispy treats, that I have to admit.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Borders cafe had rice crispy treats from Halloween, 75 percent off.
    Since I don't need a paper weight or a door stop, I didn't buy one.

12. Boom_70

Went to my first Tim Horton's tonight - nice place. Asked the young girls running the place if they knew what teams Tim Horton had played for - they had no clue. then asked them what sport - again no clue

You would think they would at least get some basic training on founder.

Draft saved Draft deleted