1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm desperate! I need the help of SJ.com!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'll help because, 30 years later, I still have this nightmare. So, I'll help.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You too? I have it at least once a month.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Don't meddle. The world needs more fast-food workers.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

start drinking - show up at class drunk. Tell the prof that you were so affeted by the book that its turned you into a drunk. Tell him you are considering a law suit againt the school.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

What, no cliffs notes? Dayum

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hell, I always wound up having to work just as hard with the Cliff's Notes.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is not going to end well.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Just reread the threadstarter and xxxx says there are no entries at cliffnotes.com. Doh!

Clever username's solution sounds like it's actually worth a try, since we're down to desperation time. You're going to need to have a few details, which you can bag from skimming. Hope you're a good typist, xxxx, and I hope the paper's not supposed to be more than, oh, three pages long. At any rate, must make sure you turn in something. Some professors (what class was this for, anyway?) will give you credit just for finagling high-quality bullshit.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just start reading the damn book, Charlie Brown.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'll help the lad -- just to prove I'm literate.

This book sucked. It was an endless recount of every single drunken experience she had in college. She got some facts about the area around Syracuse wrong -- which isn't surprising since she was wasted half the time. Can't remember for the life of me what they are though. :-[

She thinks she's not an alcholic, and makes some dangerous assumptions about "kind of" staying on the wagon that would make a leader of an AA group cringe. She tried to quit drinking, did it for a couple of months, started again slowly and then was wasted every night again. But she's not an alcoholic. ::)

She loses her virginity when she's drunk.

Probably didn't help much, but I haven't read it in a while.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.com/Smashed-Story-a-Drunken-Girlhood/dp/0670033766

The reviews in Amazon should be a pretty good spring board to cobble something together.

Draft saved Draft deleted