1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm deciding between two cars...what do you think?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Oct 23, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, without the radio, I'd be REALLY bored in the Versa, so that would probably increase the texting.

The Impala is a much larger car than I'm used to, so I think it will lull me into a false sense of safety and also increase the texting.

So, toss up!

Funny story: I was taking a car out for a test-drive at a small lot a couple days ago and the guy had printed out the info sheet on the car and I asked if I could take it with me "so I could have something to do on the drive." Then I correct myself and say "Not to read, but to call my friend and fill him in." and the sales guy says "So long as you don't text while driving!" and laughs and I just laughed and said "Who would do that??" and ran out the door.

2. imjustagirl

That was actually my exact plan if I go with the Impala. Look at that! Boom and I agreeing!

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Both cars you are looking at are the ones I try to rent when travelling for work, the Impala domestically and the Versa internationally. I am a big fan of both.

I would probably go with the Impala just to have a little more space (eventhough the Versa is suprisingly roomy)

4. imjustagirl

I drive a Sentra now, so the Versa isn't that much of a difference for me. Plus, I'm comfortable with Nissans, so that's nice.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Are these your only two options? I'd look into other possibilities -- something along the lines of about a three-year-old Honda Civic or Mazda 3. Or one of the more underrated used car values, a Ford Fusion.

6. imjustagirl

These are my only two options.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If you're going to pay 300/month for a new car, you should be getting cruise control and power locks/windows. That's way too much money not to have the basics.

Edit: Sorry. Buck beat me to it.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They make cars in 2009 without a radio as standard equipment?

Learn something new every day.

A General Motors car is expected to last 200,000 miles?

Learn something new every day.

Why?

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Think about winter driveability, since you're going to be dealing with a lot of ice and snow. I believe both are front-wheel drive vehicles, which is a plus.

Also, Carmax, Carmax, Carmax. If you're not going there, go there next time. There is one in that neck of the woods (East Hartford IIRC). Usually have some vehicles in the $7k price range. I have never heard anything bad about them, you get a good warranty, IIRC, on their models, and there is none of the haggling BS you find elsewhere.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i second the "why?"

12. imjustagirl

Because my credit makes it so that I can't get qualified for most things, especially since I only have about $600 plus my trade-in (which is LUCKY to get $800-1,000). The only reason I can get the Nissan is my work has a deal with them where we get their cars at $275 under invoice. Otherwise...it would be just the Impala.

Draft saved Draft deleted