1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I'm Chris Ferguson, and I've got a question."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The selling point is that if you play poker online at Full Tilt, you might find yourself playing against Ferguson because he's one of the investors and pros who play exclusively on that site.

(Full Tilt is also the only Mac compatiable online poker site. Hooray Full Tilt!)

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I'm sad or happy about not knowing the real answer.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oh, and if you don't change the way you play your 10s against Ferguson, then you're not a very smart poker player. Not because he's Ferguson, or even because he's a pro. But because every hand you play you need to take into account who your opponent is and how he or she plays.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Pokerroom.com's Java interface works on all major (and many minor) operating systems.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jesus plays poker?? :eek: :eek:

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

He knows when to hold 'em, and He knows when to fold 'em.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The only question is, would He draw to an inside straight?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he can't hit a curveball.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sure, if someone told me that was him, with description. Never saw him until then. My first thought was "nice photo of long-haired Sam Elliott."

Thanks for the photo. Definite example of the face not matching the voice at all. Now that commercial makes me laugh, since he sounds all serious in it.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i barely follow the whole poker thing is, and i hear the name 'chris ferguson' and i know exactly who he is and what he looks like

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"You've got pocket 10s. How should you play 'em? Now imagine you're sitting across from me. Does this change your decision?"

Well, yeah, since sitting across from Chris Ferguson soon might mean one is in jail.

(Yes, I revived this thread. Hilarious that this whole house of cards has collapsed)

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you're saying that the guys in the cell with him might just go all in?

12. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

As opposed to the thread on Sports and News?

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/83219/

Draft saved Draft deleted