1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm beginning to think more and more Cindy Sheehan is nuts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 30, 2006.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Cindy Sheehan is most definitely nuts.

Donald Rumsfeld is most definitely nuts.

One lost her son in combat.

One sent her son to combat.

Which one is more dangerous?

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Are you saying the inmates are running the asylum? Cause I'd believe it.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone has implied that Cindy Sheehan is dangerous in any way. My only point is that I should be allowed to disagree with her without being told I'm insensitive to the sorrow of a mother who lost her child; or that I have no moral standing to disagree with her because she lost a child.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

When it was about her and her son, no one needed to jump her case. But then she made it a political platform and suddenly she's off the deep end, even to a liberal like me.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can't believe you said that. The woman is a grieving mother! :-*

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I don't think anyone has ever gotten stand-offish in regards to disagreeing with her viewpoint. It seems that those that disagree with her continue to resort to personal attacks regarding her mental state. And, if you are going to attack her mental state, then the issue of her grief will be brought up as a response.

If you think her position is false and you don't like her opinion on something, argue the opposite stance. State how she is wrong. Let the facts speak for themselves.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Exactly. I'm very against the whole headstone argument which keeps cropping up. But at the same time, Cindy's become almost a caricature of the anti-war stand and it can make others look bad.

8. "Enjoy her victimhood"
    Ann Coulter's market penetration is deeper than I thought. And if I lost a son in this unnecessary clusterfuck, that'd be all I'd need to be pissed at the world, thanks.
    And, hondo? Being called "nuts" is not a rebuttal. It's just an insult.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Trust me, dude. There are people in this world who love the attention that comes with being the victim of something: death of a loved one, illness, etc. I'm not saying Cindy Sheehan or any 9-11 widows are in that category. I'm not qualified to judget that and neither is Ann Coulter. But the syndrome exists to the point where it's not totally off the wall, or insensitive, to wonder about some people. Cindy Sheehan sure doesn't mind being the center of attention, that's plain to see.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Geez, I feel sorry for her new neighbors.

11. I don't feel sorry for them at all.
    They've been screwing up the country for seven years.
    Oh, you mean the people on the OTHER side.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Umm...yeah. Didn't realize her house was right next to Bush's ranch. I guess if she's out there at least she's not annoying the people in town.

Draft saved Draft deleted