1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm apathetic about tonight's Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't know what's happened. Last season, I got into it. Really into it. I'd go to the Hanso Web site, looking for clues. I was caught up in the whole mythology the show was/is creating.

But here I am, just a few hours from the season premiere and my attitude is "Ehh, I guess I'll watch."

I think it's the layoff between the seasons.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

not me. this is the only show i can't miss. i can't wait. i remember how excited i was before the finale and then how i was riveted to the screen the entire two hours.

that said, it's not like every episode week in and week out was blow-me-away caliber. so we'll see. it's still a good show. i'm a little worried that they'll jump the shark soon because some of the twists are approaching x-files-ish absurdity. but imo i don't think they're at that point yet.

3. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

I felt the same way until I read this (from TVGuide.com) ...

Question: What can you tell us about where the Others are living? And where are Kate, Jack and Sawyer being held captive? Is it predictable? Astounding? Give us something, please!— Mike B.

Ausiello:
    First off, nothing about the episode is predictable, particularly where the Others are concerned. In fact, I'll go so far as to say your perception of the creepy outcasts will be completely shattered within the first five minutes. I should also point out that one of the show's three newbies is featured very prominently tonight, and let's just say this rookie made an extremely favorable impression on me. (Best. Casting. Decision. Ever.) And as I mentioned in AR, a grilled cheese sandwich also gets a good deal of airtime, as does a very familiar-looking dude named Ben. Oh, and one more thing: someone comes out of the closet. I think. Keep your ears attuned (and turn your gaydar on) right around the time Kate steps foot in the shower. That's when the telltale clue gets dropped.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

whoa. that's a nice preview. i've avoided all spoiler talk on line or elsewhere but i like that little blurb.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Okay, now I'm fired up about watching tonight. ;D

Seriously, I really think the delay is hurting my interest in the show. I've never been one to start reading a book, put it aside for a week and then come back to it.

Perhaps it'll rehook me tonight. I hope so.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

gaydar at the same time as a naked woman?

Guys will be taping the hell out of this show.

7. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

I'm always up for a season premiere (using your analogy, I guess I consider each season as a new book in a series). It's when a show is in reruns for three or four weeks that I start to lose interest.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I feel the same way as Inky. I'm taping it tonight, but it's not like I'm gonna rush home and watch it first thing. I think the hype was turned down this season. Last year, before the start of Season 2, Lost was everywhere. You couldn't open a magazine, turn on the TV, etc., without seeing something about the show. Everyone was talking about it. This year, there's still promotion for it, but not as much as last year.
    I'll give it 4 episodes. If it doesn't rehook me, I'll stop watching.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm apathetic about network TV. If it weren't for the kid channels and sports channels (my excuse is I need them for work) on cable, I'd pull the plug and save myself $50-75 per month. I'd use the TV as a DVD monitor is all.

Draft saved Draft deleted