1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a weepy little girl...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 7, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

So, I think I've admitted on here before that I'm an absolute succer for chick flicks... make all the "man card" jokes you want to. Last night, I rented "P.S. I Love You" -- I wanted to catch it in the theater since I really liked the Cecilia Ahern book it was based on, but missed it. I no longer have any testosterone left. Jesus, I wept. I'm not ashamed of it, either. They changed quite a bit from the book, but man what a sweet little sentimental movie they made. Those online who are afflicted by these kind of flicks, whether you admit it or not, have to check this one out.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I can't even look at you.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I am going to check out this movie for reasons I won't mention here. And I care not if I lose my man card among those on this site.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Good god, killick, I'm horrified. Mortified. Physically ill.

There's a Seinfeld quote from Kramer that talks about sashaying in a little sun dress that would be appropriate here, but damned if I can recall it. Maybe one of the Seinfeld junkies can come through.

Ace--that could be a post/picture of the year nominee.

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Queston: Do you go shopping for hours before you pop in your "movies?"

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You know, it's one thing to see the movie, which might make you points on your way to something nice from your female companion. That, I can accept on some level. It is, however, unforgiveable that you read the book.

Ace, I see those things daily in my neck of the woods and they never fail to crack me up, especially the ones that are made out of brass.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Do you cook girly foods while you watch these movies?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What about your promise to the He-Man Woman Haters Club?

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

What can I say? I've got a thing for Irish, Brit writers. Try to read new stuff from the isles along with the classics. As for added testosterone, we do see Hillary Swank do a damned sexy karaoke cover of Prince's "Get Off"

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Did you enjoy a tasty beverage with the movie? :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Jerry: Well I was shaving. And I noticed an asymmetry in my chest hair and I was trying to even it out. Next thing I knew, (high pitched voice) Gone.
    Kramer: Don't you know you're not supposed to poke around down there.
    Jerry: Well women do it.
    Kramer: (high pitched voice) "Well women do it." I'll tell you what. I'll pick you up a sundress and a parasol and you can just (high pitched voice) sashey your pretty little self around the town square.
    Jerry: Well what am I going to tell Alex?
    Kramer: Listen to me. You don't tell anybody about this. No one. You hear me?
    Jerry: Um hum.
    George enters
    Kramer: Hey, Jerry shaved his chest.
    Jerry: Hey!
    Kramer: I forgot. Wait. Never mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted