1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a fan of -- gasp! -- a reality show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Dec 15, 2006.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Sorry. Something I vowed would never happen to me happened.

I'm hooked on Top Chef.

Talk about your "guilty pleasures" thread.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh. My. God. SF, I love you.

I so hope Cliff wins. I love that guy. Conversely, I'm about done with both Marcel AND Betty. And Mike just annoys the piss out of me.

I'm waiting for "Top Design" which may match up with "Project Runway" the way I like both "Top Chef" and "Hell's Kitchen."

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll admit it.

I Tivo that shit.

It's got me because for the first half of both seasons, I KNEW I could outcook a lot of the people on there.

Now it's to the point where I might be able to beat Mike heads up, and that's absolutely it.

Cliff or Sam would hand me my ass.

And I LOVED Ilan telling Marcel to "Just go make your fucking foam and shut the fuck up..."

Priceless.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I watched the marathon over Christmas, but haven't seen any since. I'm hoping for a Christmas marathon to get me caught up.

TC, PR and the new one are the only things that make me with I had a television.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There will be another marathon next week.

Check your local listings.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

How I love Tom Colicchio (sp?)

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I love this show in front of the whole world, but I will say this -- I hate pretty much every one of the contestants. I know, I know, reality show, they always go for the explosive combinations and self-assured types and TV-friendly faces, but I can't deal with most of these jerkbags. Maybe the Ilan-Sam-Cliff troika. And I like Michael as empathy with the slob set, though I doubt I'd let him do much more than man the grill at a summer picnic. The rest of them can go right off and screw.

Gail Simmons.
    [​IMG]
    Holy schamoly. Every time she raises her eyebrows, well, it's not the only thing getting raised if you smell what the Rock is cooking (I'm talking about boners).

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And she's a lot better speaker than the chick with the impediment from the first season...

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, I'm kind of done with Elia too. her voice makes me want to kill.

I do like Sam, but was not big on Ilan until he got fed up with Marcel.

My favorite moment all season? The beach episode where Marcel the poser tried to act all surfer. Rewound that mofo several times. "I'm stoked!"

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Marcel trying to hit on the 14-year-old surfer girls was good stuff. Thanksgiving episode is the best of the bunch as of now, if only for Tony Bourdain ripping into everyone's crap. And if I paid whatever the going rate would be for a tasting menu at Service and got a fucking "awakening trio" of uncooked ass to serve as the entree, I would have made a beeline for the kitchen and gotten that restaurant on an AP_News_Alert inside 90 minutes.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Double M,

I'm not really sure I get what you are saying. Maybe you could be more specific or something.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh yeah, the Bourdain shit was priceless. Forgot about him.

Draft saved Draft deleted