1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm a cop. If you don't want me to share your nudies, don't let me arrest you.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 27, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Or else I'll send them to my co-workers in Northern and Southern California and a few other friends.

http://www.mercurynews.com/my-town/ci_26804835/chp-chief-says-nude-photo-scandal-limited-dublin

A woman got arrested on a DUI charge, and a little while later she noticed that some pictures had been deleted from her phone (she didn't have the phone but it was synced to her iPad). She complained, the officer (based in Dublin near Oakland) got busted ... and he told the department he and his co-workers in Dublin and L.A. do this all the time.

The CHP says this is confined to a small group of officers within the Dublin office, because of course, yeah.

Sampling of text messages:

CHP officer Robert Hazelwood -- 2:33 a.m. -- "Nudes are always better with the face"

CHP officer Sean Harrington -- 2:34 a.m. -- "Maybe she knows she has a jacked up horse face?!?!?"

Hazelwood -- 2:34 a.m. -- "Let's see the dl"

Harrington -- 2:44 a.m. -- "When we get back to the office. And we'll have MDF mug shot, too"

Hazelwood -- 2:45 a.m. "Haha ok."

Harrington -- 2:45 a.m. "But trust me. She's like a 5 or a 6 at best"

Hazelwood -- 2:46 a.m. "Her body is rocking though"

Harrington -- 2:46 a.m. "Small (breasts)"

Hazelwood -- 2:47 a.m. "Still looks good to me"

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_26793682/chp-nude-photos-case-excerpts-text-messages-between?source=pkg

So it's a big mess and getting bigger. And in the case that started it, the woman's BAC was 0.29, but the court had no choice but to let her walk.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Protect and serve

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Ha, even the cops say that she was a 6.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Most despicable thing, stealing photos while the woman is getting x-rays. That should be on his gravestone, "I stole photos while the person was getting x-rays"

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Some of the best x-rays are of objects stuck up people's butts.

The worst I saw was an Aunt Jemima bottle. Asshole got hung up on her elbows.

Draft saved Draft deleted