1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Illinois recruiting piece

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Ryan_Wooden, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Ryan_Wooden

Ryan_Wooden New Member

Hey y'all,

Just wanted to drop a line to see if anybody had any use for a takeout piece on the difficulties of keeping Division I caliber high school athletes at home in the state of Illinois. The piece was originally commissioned by a digital mag startup and just before they were supposed to go live, the funding apparently fell through. They shutdown their email accounts and everything. So I've got this 3,200 word story with a bit of a shelf life (National Signing Day) and no home for it.

It's currently a four-source story. I spoke with a top basketball recruit, an Illinois high school football recruiting expert, a national basketball recruiting analyst and one of the state's top coaches.

I know it's a longshot, but if anybody has any interest feel free to shoot me an email at rwooden2 [at] gmail [dot] com. I'd be happy to discuss it in greater detail and show you some of it if needed.

-Ryan Wooden

Draft saved Draft deleted