1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ikea

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Feb 21, 2007.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

There's not a font size in the world big enough for me to emphatically say the following big enough or loud enough:

FUCK IKEA FUCK IKEA FUCK IKEA FUCK IKEA FUCK IKEA

2. markvid

markvid Guest

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I shopped at Mood before it became cool to shop at Mood.

Actually, it's always been cool to shop there -- the problem is, since it's been on P.R., the prices have gone up. But it has always been known to have the best selection in the garment district.

IJAG, just know this: I have NEVER bought a print or even remotely "flowy" fabric there.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You may turn in your man card at the front desk.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

This is outrageous!
    http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/NEWS01/70220027/1004/living

Ikea to charge for plastic shopping bags

Ikea...announced Tuesday that it will start charging customers a nickel for every plastic bag they use to carry their booty of Glasklar dishes and Bibbi Snurr blankets. Proceeds from the surcharge will go to an environmental conservation group.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

my wife is cool. she hates furniture shopping just as much as i do. we go when we desparately need something

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Love our IKEA bookshelf for the kids. Hate all the rugs we've bought from them.

Their return policy sucks too. 60 days, I think. We have to drive to another state to go to IKEA, so we gotta get the right stuff the first time.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

60!? Up here in the Great White North it's 45.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Hey, I got this joke!

There's seriously a part when she just loses all self-control during a confessional and yells her first name. It was startling.

10. Garner

Garner Member

I can usually get in and out of IKEA in about an hour, unless my wife starts digging around in that discount section. I've had to drag her out of that place kicking and screaming.

How about this coffee table?

Honey, it's missing two legs and has a huge blood stain on it.

Yeah, but it's only 15 bucks!

11. i bought bookshelves from Ikea once that were actually pretty good. very sturdy, well-made, surprisingly solid

a few years later, I went back and bought a second set - the exact same thing. same catalogue number, same price, same everything. and they were smaller, lighter, flimsier

screw that crap. haven't been back since

Draft saved Draft deleted