1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IHOP, here I come

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Jun 12, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Point is, you never eat anything but breakfast food -- pancakes, eggs, waffles, cinnamon roll French toast --  at IHOP or Perkin's, regardless of the time of day.

Good news is no Denny's anywhere near me. Denny's sucks.

But NJ has many very good diners.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Large Dutch contingent in the B.C. Interior ... restaurant called Pannekoeken ... wish I was there right now.

NOW.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Denny's and IHOP are not the same.

I wouldn't feed Denny's to the Gitmo detainees.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You would think a place like International House of Pancakes would make good pancakes, but you know something, the pancakes that International House of Pancakes makes are bad pancakes to eat. Though the ones with the cream of wheat in them aren't half bad.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Mmmmm ... a Slim Slam ... better yet, the fruit-filled pancakes.

Dammit! I have to get my mind wrapped around something else ... ooooh Caramilk.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

IHOP or pancakes actually sound good right now... But I'd have to drive 9 miles to a waffle house and not only get gassed out by the cigarette smoke of people I wouldn't pay to wash my car, but not get filled up...

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

A few years ago I'm in a ... ahem ... gentlemen's club in Houston after a friend's wedding. Bunch of us are sitting at a table finishing our beers when one of my friend says we should have gone to get a great Texas steak somewhere. Stripper who had joined us said, "You know who has the best steak? IHOP!"

Since then, this has become the slogan whenever we've been on the road.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Just another form of Gitmo torture

9. Stupid

Stupid Member

If you think there is a difference in these chains, you haven't eat at enough of them.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Perkins is significantly better than IHOP or Denny's. Waffle House is beyond gross.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And now we know how you earned your handle. :D

12. Stupid

Stupid Member

I'm the one speaking from experience so it would behoove you to sit raptly at my feet as I expound, Freelance.

Draft saved Draft deleted