1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IHOP, here I come

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Jun 12, 2006.

1. pittsburgie

pittsburgie Member

you mean you weren't feeling watching the Stanley Cup

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Kentucky is behind the times. We don't have an IHOP (at least to my knowledge). I know there isn't one in Lexington or any of the other decent-sized cities I've been to.

All we have are Waffle Houses and Huddle Houses.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Doc, you're lucky...you're within a stone's throw of both White Castle and Steak & Shake also. I'd take both of those over Perkins.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've spent many a night at Waffle House, wiping the excess grits from the side of my plate when i didn't order any. ;D

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I've never been to an IHOP.

We're deprived of fast food restarunts in my area. Just your basic McDonnalds, BK, Wendy's, KFC, Subway and Jrecks.

No Sonic, Jack, White Castle, nothin.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

There are no IHOPs in Kentucky. The closest one to my knowledge is in Tennessee.

I will be a happy boy if IHOP ever decides to come here.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Me included.

I know the Waffle House near my hometown is downright awful and, to this day, I refuse to go there.

8. Stupid

Stupid Member

Lyon's, Perkin's, Denny's, IHOP, Aunt Sarah's, Huddle House, Bob's ... they're all the same place.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Dammit. I want pancakes now.

NOW!

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Disagree. Denny's is decidedly more dirty and sleazy than Perkins and IHOP. Not sure about the others you mentioned.

11. Stupid

Stupid Member

Waffle House, OTOH, is a different animal. I challenge any of you to enter one of those festering cinderblock greaseboxes and emerge without the smell of hashbrowns clinging to you for a good 45 minutes.

12. Stupid

Stupid Member

As a veteran of this type of establishment, I can avow that there is no consistency in any chain (other than Waffle House). You might find a delightful Denny's alongside a putrid Perkin's and vice versa. I've seen 'em all and only Waffle House is wretched no matter where it sits.

Draft saved Draft deleted