1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ignorant coaches

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

My mistake. ;)

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You're forgiven. Not everybody recognizes perfection when they see it ;) :D :-*

3. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Oh, so you're looking for an answer with some form of intelligence.

Okay...

Though I must admit to being in somewhat bad humour, it is incumbent upon myself to point out that your ruminations on the world paint you in a less-than-becoming light. Verily, while you no doubt maintain a stout conviction in your opinions, it would be folly to suggest that the audience at hand is equally predisposed to accepting you within the confines of this present social structure. While those possessed of the rarest vintage of utopist claptrap would summise that one need only ignore your doddering contributions to our present discourse, those of us confined to the whips and scorns of reality would have no choise but to conclude that doing so is impossibility of the highest order. Rather, it seems as if the confines of the mild strings that govern our present forum shall inadvertantly permit you to commit various and sundry offenses against not only the native language but also the very laws of common rhetoric. Then and therefore, it seems as if ours shall be a rough union for so ever long as you choose to employ your foppishness herein. Or, to simply quote Alexander Pope, who put it far better than I ever could, go teabag your grandmother.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Maybe next time you can remember to spell "choice", "surmise" and "inadvertently" correctly. Not to mention utopist should be Utopianist. In addition both of my grandmothers are dead but I am sure that makes you happy.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

No clue what the rant is against indiansnetwork, and could not care less, but his original post isn't wrong. No offense to Beef, but unless the coach is the player's daddy or parole officer, at best you can hope the coach will take care of you. Doesn't make him ignorant if he fails to do so. Maybe the bus was noisy, maybe the cell reception was bad, maybe the coach got involved in something more pressing than your request and he forgot. Not his problem that you came in on an off-day...sucks that you wasted a day and skipped lunch, but more often that not, people who are doing you a favor tend to do it when it works for them, not for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted