1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you're going to take a leak ... (A rant by MMSW)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Awesome.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've never understood this line of thinking. If I have to shit, I am taking a shit wherever I am. I have pooed on the side of I-5 and I have pooed outdoors at construction sites. Doesn't really faze me, though the no stall door thing definitely bothered me.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Noted something during a family trek last month that I could see become a most disturbing trend in terms of public restroom fixturing. Stopped at a rest area and the men's room had what I would characterize as 1/2 stall doors. Basically gave you coverage as long as you were seated, but you're in full display as soon as you begin to stand up or if someone decides to trod closely near stall row.

Just so happened as I walked in, two patrons were just rising and finishing up. Talk about a complete loss of personal dignity.

I guess this is the price we pay to prevent sexual acts from occurring in public washrooms. Personally, I greatly prefer the privacy of the family abode, but I can damn well guarantee you that the 1/2 doors will cinch having a public no pinch rule for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted