1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you're a guy and a hockey fan, meet Tara Wheeler, the perfect girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 26, 2008.

1. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Snaggletooth for $1,000, Alex.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Snaggletooth or not, most guys would be happy to spend five minutes in her box.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh hey, never said she wasn't a pretty girl, but let's start being careful with our superlatives.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sweet. ...

Wheeler was an Army brat, her father's military career moving the family from Kentucky to Massachusetts and eventually to Woodbridge and Ft. Belvoir. She traces the formation of her love for hockey to the 3rd grade, while in Massachusetts. She was introduced then to the Mighty Ducks' movies.

"I wanted to be Julie the Cat," she explained, alluding to the female goaltending hero in D2. "I told my parents, 'Mom and dad, I'm gonna be a goalie like Julie the Cat.' They said, 'ok.'"

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

By the way, Michael. Since we're on the subject, love the hockey hair.

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Re: If you're a guy and a hockey fan, meet Tara Wheeler, the perfect girlfriend

I actually interviewed her some years ago while she was still playing. Penn State was at Maryland (or rather at some nondescript hockey rink in the wilds of Montgomery County, Md.) and I caught up with her. I thought I had left in plenty of time to see part of the game; instead, I arrive as they're boarding the bus. So I get her cell phone and talk to her later (looong since been deleted, sorry fellas).

Didn't think anything of it at the time - right after a game in the dark is probably not the same circumstance as the photo above - but good for her for winning.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Re: If you're a guy and a hockey fan, meet Tara Wheeler, the perfect girlfriend

You've found a better girlfriend? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. :mad:

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh boy........ :-\

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What hockey hair? This is the style. It's called "The Stamos." My hair stylist, Alejandro, did it.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

What's the difference between a hockey babe and a pit bull?
    Cosmetic dentistry.

Draft saved Draft deleted