1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you'll please indulge me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 20, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I really detest the "look at me, I'm important" things on TV and radio, but this one means too much to me.

I know some of you who know me in person know about this, but I am just bursting on this one and wish to share with the rest of the class...

My wife gave birth to our triplets Tuesday AM (2 girls and a boy).

The boy has a minor issue which has him in ICU, but is expected out by tomorrow night. The girls are doing well, and may go home with Mom on Saturday.

Life-changing doesn't begin to describe this one.

And lastly, someone on this board, who I still have no idea who they really are, has been through this with me all the way (we had fertility issues), and I will always be indebted to them for their friendship, advice, and care.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Triplets are a cause for celebration (esp. after fertility issues). No reason to hide that at all.

Congrats, and I hope they sleep through the night by the time they hit 2 1/2 months (my sister's youngest did).

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Congrats, man.

The wife and I are edging ever closer to the fertility route, so I can somewhat imagine what you went through to get where you are. I know three kids all at once is gonna be tough, but sitting from where I am, that's so much better than none.

Again, congrats and have fun.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

congrats, man

my best friend and his wife had their first baby today -- after three miscarriages... it was a good day for more than one family. congrats again

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Congrats, Mark. So which one is going to center the line?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

The boy...gonna be a bruiser...

;D

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

We will happily indulge you... three times over.
    You and your wife and the trips deserve a "look at me" thread.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Congrats, Mark. Get ready for three-times less the sleep. :D

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Congratulations! Awesome news!

Don't ever feel like you're pulling the "look at me card" ... I know that means a lot coming from the guy who treats his dog like the goddam king of siam.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

Congratulations, Mark. They will be the love(s) of your life.

Now, if I might be so bold, perhaps you should go out into your backyard, take two bricks, and crush your nuts with them. I don't think you'll be needing them anymore.*

*Apologies in advance if this is in poor taste on account of poor swimmers.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Great news, Mark. Congrats.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Congrats Markvid, one is cause for celebration, let alone three. Hope the boy comes out of ICU perfectly fine.

So any ideas for names or are you going with a George Forman approach and naming them all Markvid?

Draft saved Draft deleted