1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you voted Republican in either of the last two presidential elections...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jun 4, 2008.

?

How are you voting this time?

1. McCain

37 vote(s)
    52.1%
  2. Obama

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Other candidate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Undecided

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. Not voting

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Depends on what Obama does with Hillary

3 vote(s)
    4.2%

1. Because he's Muslim?

Geez.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So she's saying although it seems heaven sent, we ain't ready to see a black president?

3. I think she's thinking we will see a black president sent to Heaven.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Supported McCain in 2000 and then voted Bush in the general. Bought into all the hype about Gore, when I didn't know any better. My world was rocked after 9/11 and in '02, so I voted Kerry (somewhat reluctantly, but couldn't stomach the thought of Bush in office again) in 2004. Sadly, GWB didn't prove me wrong, even though I gave him the chance to do so.

Clearly not the same person I was for that first election, which is a good thing (... and not because of my current political views, just sayin'.) I'm voting Obama, and no reluctance about it at all. He's the first person I've ever been excited to vote FOR, not lesser-of-two-evils-against.

I would have been thrilled if this race were between Obama and the McCain of 2000. It's not. The 2000 McCain doesn't exist anymore, no matter how much he touts his old "record." I hope anyone who's voting for him on the basis of that realizes it.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm gonna move to Chicago and vote for McCain 17 times.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd prefer you move to Cleveland and do the same thing... :D

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Won't do you any good. Too many dead people voting for Obama. ;)

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This closely mirrors my views. I was a big McCain guy in 00, and was dumbfounded that Republican voters would nominate a dunderfuck like Bush instead of McCain.

But now that McCain actually is the nominee, I will not vote for him. I've changed, the country's changed, and I believe McCain has too. He might've been what we needed then, but definately NOT now.

9. See, those are my thoughts about Obama exactly. His foreign policy is not what this country needs. Not crazy about his domestic plans, either. He wants to raise the capital gains tax because "it's fair," regardless of whether it brings in less income? Forget it.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

What's so wrong with it?

I sure prefer what he's said to the current FP where we we invade and occupy countries that never attacked us--ignore international law--turn unthreatening nations into terrorist states--and us into a pariah country loathed by most of the world including our traditional allies--and oil prices skyrocket at the same time the dollar's value crashes like never before.

But what do I know.

11. Last line makes sense.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As I've said before, if the Dems are "tax-and-spenders" then the Republicans are "borrow-and-spenders."

Draft saved Draft deleted