1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you thought "Dancing with the Stars" wasn't enough...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

A who's who of washed-up former hit makers will now be seeing a regular paycheque again. Someone please stop the insanity.....

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Chaka Khan, Clint Black and Michael Bolton are among the pop stars who will be part of Celebrity Duets, a new Fox TV show that pairs singers and celebrities trying to prove they can carry a tune.

The series, debuting with a two-hour episode 8 p.m. EDT Aug. 29, is an elimination contest in the style of American Idol, with judges and viewers deciding the fate of the celebrities.

Other singers taking part: Cyndi Lauper, Smokey Robinson, Dionne Warwick, Brian McKnight, Macy Gray, Patti LaBelle, Kenny Loggins, Richard Marx, Randy Travis and Aaron Neville. More pop stars will be joining the show, Fox said Monday at a Television Critics Association meeting.

The celebrity participants have yet to be announced.

Composer-arranger David Foster, who has worked with Celine Dion and Barbra Streisand and whose stepsons were in the Fox’s reality series The Princes of Malibu, will be among the judges.

After its premiere, the series will move to its regular 9 p.m. ET time slot beginning Sept. 7.

2. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I guess Kenny Loggins is trying to get his name back out there so he can resume his soundtrack career.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I guess Michael Bolton chose this gig over "Mulleting With The Balding Hacks."

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Goddammit, why is Brian McKnight in this thing? The man can basically create mass orgasms with his voice...and now he's going to duet with like Star Jones Reynolds?

Argh!

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'll have to take your word for that one. ;D

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

IJAG knows of what she speaks. Why, you should of seen the looks on the faces of my new dorm mates when "Love Is" played during an episode of 90210 in the TV room.

Quite a first impression, that.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I don't watch network or cable TV shows ...

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Chaka Khan's "Ain't Nobody" always makes me jack the radio up.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Jesus. If a show like "Jericho" dies a fast death on CBS and this outlives it, it only proves trash TV is here to stay.

10. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

I don't know shit about country music, but isn't Clint Black still very popular? Is there any reason he needs to be doing this? All the other names are undeniably washed up.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! Kill me now.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You know who would be great to pair with Kenny Loggins? Mike Mussina </berman>

Draft saved Draft deleted