1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you have to work on the Fourth, you might as well see this

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was outside my building smoking and this kid sails down the main drag on a bicycle. There is a cop in the street directing traffic and another cop running - a ways back - after the kid.

The kid tries to jump a curb, catches his front tire and sails over the handlebar, eating shit in a parking lot. He hurriedly gets back on his bike before the cop chasing him can catch him.

He sails across a couple lanes of traffic, which causes the traffic cop to run after him and try to taser him. He misses.

Two more cop cars appear and start driving really fast after him down some alleys.

I ran over, but couldn't see the conclusion.

I did just hear on the scanner the cops caught him and found a small dosage of marijuana on him and that they think he is high on meth.

Good times had by all.

2. lono

lono Active Member

Nothing like working holiday nights.

Happy Fourth, 'Gola.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

We're in a downtown area, a block down from the big park where they're holding fireworks tonight.

Our two employee lots have been filled with cars since 5 p.m. We've got picnickers set up in front of our marquee, and I think one of the sports guys let someone back to use the restroom a minute ago. It's not even dark yet, but someone just shot off some premature fireworks at the park, so we all went outside to check.

What a zoo. When's the show begin? ;D

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, but do you have any methed up kids sailing over their handlebars?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, but I watched a couple of brain-dead seven year olds walking up to an idiot setting off fireworks, like they were coming up to look at a puppy, while their mother sat back and watched... fuckin mo-mos...

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i would have killed to been able to watch that.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Made even more fun by Ms. Slappy's sister in law, stressing out everytime some kid threw a snap on the ground, because it might have gone off within 30 yards of her 2-year-old daughter and put out an eye -- even though the kid was laughing and giggling through the whole thing... pussyass chick...

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

God Bless America.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

makes a guy miss the days of M-80s, doesn't it?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gutless coward was stroking out over a smoke bomb within 30 and the wind blowing in a different direction...

11. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Do the colors of their mullets match their shirts?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

it was a surreal scene....

Draft saved Draft deleted