1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could attend one fake sports event...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The last game from The Natural and I would sue the ballclub for getting showered with glass and sparks when the lights exploded.

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

That's what I thought when I saw the title.
    I'd pick the final match in "Caddyshack," if only to try to meet the judge's niece.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Any of the Tour de France races that Lance Armstrong won.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Good one.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Niiiiice ...

I was coming on here to say Babe Ruth's Called Shot. [/rimshot] ;D

6. Definitely the last game of Major League. Would have been a short drive up to Milwaukee. ;D

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I want to watch Bucky Dornster catch the linedrive with the beer in his right hand

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Great call on the second one. I need to read that book again, it's been a while.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

All those mythical Alabama national championships. /bitterAuburnfans

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Mine might have to be the Springfield U homecoming game where Homer drove the float over the star kicker's leg, then the kicker came out and kicked the winning FG as his leg came flying off as well.
    Writing the lead of that game would be the best thing ever, also designing the sports front of the Springfield Shopper with the leg being carried off by rabid fans.
    Just awesome.

11. I know one event I would not have wanted to attend, but even more wouldn't have wanted to cover:

High school football: Ampipe at Walnut Heights from All the Right Moves.

That downpour was brutal and Coach Nickerson would have been a bitch to interview after the game. One wrong question and he probably would have stolen your keys and forced you to hitch a ride home in the cold rain.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Ditka versus a hurricane....but it's Hurricane Ditka!

Draft saved Draft deleted