1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If we are indeed on the cusp of WW3, how are you preparing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Text msg from a family member who owns one gun, and said, 'with this terror alert, im getting two more today. Can't mess around if shit goes down.'

I'm making a list: Need at least $300 in small bills in the house. Always have the gas tank full. There is a go bag in the closet with a few bare essentials - cans of tuna, fruit roll ups, non-perishables - one case on bottled water in the trunk and one in the house ...

What am i missing?

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Saran Wrap for the windows.

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

i guess if you're in a big city, there is cause for concern ... all i know is, im at code Red myself.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It's just like a hurricane: make a big X with duct tape on all your windows. That'll keep them safe.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

A brain.

$300, fruit rollups and a gun?

If you're serious about protecting yourself--and I'm not saying you have to--you need gas masks, airtight bodysuits, food for at least a month, water for longer, and a load of cash, because none of us actually HAS any money, it's all an electronic promise....if the system goes corrupt, we're all broke.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

WOLVERINES!

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

How am I preparing? I'm trying to have all the pre-radiation sex I can. Once the bombs fall you won't want to touch some of those nuke-covered women anymore.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

$300, easily-consumed food, a case of bottled water...also my list for an all-night card game.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0711.xml

"Preparedness Tip #12
    You should keep enough supplies in your home to meet the needs of you and your family for at least three days. Build an emergency supply kit to take with you in an evacuation. The basics to stock in your portable kit include: water, food, battery-powered radio and flashlight with extra batteries, first aid supplies, change of clothing, blanket or sleeping bag, wrench or pliers, whistle, dust mask, plastic sheeting and duct tape, trash bags, map, a manual can opener for canned food and special items for infants, elderly, the sick or people with disabilities. Keep these items in an easy to carry container such as a covered trash container, a large backpack, or a duffle bag.

Preparedness Tip #13
    Preparing for emergencies needn’t be expensive if you’re thinking ahead and buying small quantities at a time. Make a list of some foods that:

* Have a long shelf-life and will not spoil (non-perishable).
    * You and your family like.
    * Do not require cooking.
    * Can be easily stored.
    * Have a low salt content as salty foods will make you more thirsty.

Keep the list in your purse or wallet and pick up a few items each time you’re shopping and/or see a sale until you have built up a well-stocked supply that can sustain each member of your family for at least three days following an emergency."

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm gonna just put my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye.

Hey alley, don't knock the girl with three boobs till you've tried it. :)

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Saw one in Total Recall. That lady looked like she had a friend hanging in the middle of her chest. :p

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thank you Captain Kirk.

Draft saved Draft deleted